2/21/2012

Tiger is beatable, claims Spaniard Fernandez-Castano - chicagotribune.com

MARANA, Arizona (Reuters) - Spaniard Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano fancies the idea of staying a 'Tiger tamer' at this week's WGC-Accenture Match up Play Championship wherever he will satisfy about three-moments winner Tiger Woods in the opening spherical.

Fernandez-Castano, ranked 48th in the world, has in no way previously performed in the company of Woods and stated that while it was a privilege to be drawn from him in the Arizona desert the 14-moments significant champion was beatable.








  It truly is a excellent possibility, and you have to look at it that way,  the 31-year-previous from Madrid informed reporters at Dove Mountain's Ritz-Carlton Golfing Club on Monday.

  If you tee it up on Wednesday contemplating, 'Oh, no, I am actively playing in opposition to Tiger', which is not the way to begin a tournament.

  I am the underdog, I have absolutely nothing to shed. And at the same time I will not believe he is at his greatest so it truly is a good option. If I engage in well I can Wholesale NHL Jerseys for cheap defeat him. 

Fernandez-Castano regards Woods, ranked 20th, as 1 of the best to play the recreation but hopes to make the most of his chance from an opponent functioning his way back again to kind immediately after two several years of battle owing to injuries and marital trouble.

  Staying 48th in the globe rankings at the minute, you don't assume to be paired in opposition to Tiger Woods,  the Spaniard explained of his very first-spherical draw in the elite 64-man occasion.  But those issues happen.

  He is probably not at his best, and you have to look at it that way. Maybe it really is a great possibility to engage in very good, and probably I can beat him. That would be a excellent sensation.

  He's won this tournament about three times and he has a really great match up play file, particularly in his novice times, but not so great on the Ryder Cup. I consider he's beatable. 

A few-Yr DROUGHT

Fernandez-Castano won his fifth European Tour title at previous year's Singapore Open, ending a a few-12 months victory drought that included practically 6 months on the sidelines due to the fact of a back again injury.

Since launching his 2012 campaign, he has completed no even worse than Wholesale NHL Jerseys FREE SHIPPING 26th in his 1st about three activities on the European circuit and he arrived at Dove Mountain this week in large spirits.

  I've had a good start to the season,  Fernandez-Castano said.  I am fairly self-confident with my match and hopefully we can have a great tournament.

  Of course, to have a good tournament I need to very first of all perform the very best golfing of my existence on Wednesday,  he added with a broad grin.

Asked regardless of whether he may Wholesale NHL Jerseys be distracted by the army of spectators and large media contingent which generally follow Woods, Fernandez-Castano replied:  I've performed with huge galleries just before so I do not consider that is likely to be a issue.

  I'm positive they will all be rooting for him. I just want to get pleasure from it. I have by no means played with Tiger prior to, not even in a stroke play function. For me it is a huge privilege.

  If I win, great. If I lose, effectively, I have lost to one particular of the finest players in history. I know I want to engage in my very best golf and hopefully he doesn't play his finest. That's the way it performs. Match engage in is like that. 

(Editing by Peter Rutherford)

report=2012-02-21data


Related article:
blog_post_view.php?postId=15268
blog_post_view.php?postId=15270

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기